In this Director of Interior Design role, you will lead the Firm’s Interior Design Department, create marketing strategies to attract and obtain new clients and work with Principals, Architects and other team members to develop design concepts, color/finish selections and furniture selections for interior architectural projects from schematic design phases through the construction administration phases.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees the Interior Design Department and management of the interiors group.
- Collaborates with Firm Principals to develop interior design goals and objectives for Firm.
- Creates and establishes marketing strategies for the interior design department.
- Determines network marketing strategies and resources to attract new clients.
- Oversees and develops interior design concepts, color/finish selections and furniture selections for commercial architectural projects.
- Advances the interior design concepts to ensure the Firm is competitive in the interior design market.
- Supervises interior designers and projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Ensures timely and effective management and delivery of interior designs and plans to ensure project goals, objectives and clients are being satisfied.
- Leads the creative design direction during the conceptual and schematic phases on various projects.
- Independently develops new and unique approaches on design solutions.
- Sets budget for interior design projects and writes fee proposals.
- Is the primary contact for clients on interior design projects and builds effective long-term client relationships.
- Analyses client problems and determines and develops interior design solutions.
- Mentors and develops interior designer’s skill sets and other staff members on interior design concepts to create a learning and growing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program with at least 15 years of commercial interior design experience including ten years of experience with furniture applications is required.
- Must have a NCIDQ and CID certification.
- At least five years of experience leading or supervising interior designers in an architectural work setting.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and Sketch-up, with an emphasis on 3D presentation.
- Has a solid understanding and application of interior design principles, practices and concepts.
- Ability to design creative and effective design solutions.
Our employees benefit from a collaborative environment that allows for rich development. We have a diverse and inclusive staff of passionate architects and interior designers. Together, we achieve incredible things. All Mohagen Hansen employees are compensated with a generous benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Collaborative environment
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Health and dental insurance
- 401K plan
- Education reimbursement
- and much more