Do you want to join and grow with an award-winning Architecture and Interior Design Firm? Are you looking for a flexible, collaborative, creative work environment that encourages learning and professional development? Make an immediate impact in the growing Healthcare Architecture Team at Mohagen Hansen Architecture | Interiors. We are a mission, vision and values-driven organization that promotes a collaborative work environment and encourages an entrepreneurial spirit along with fresh, new ideas. This position offers a strong portfolio, a talented team and great marketing opportunities for the right candidate. We are located in the west metro suburb of Wayzata, close to a regular metro bus route.
Mohagen Hansen exists to serve our clients by doing what we love. We leverage our passion for design using our skills, talents, and agility to meet our client’s needs.
In this role you will create design concepts, lead design efforts, and manage healthcare related projects. You will also have opportunities to do medical planning and business development.
This role will primarily consist of the following responsibilities:
Design Concept Development:
- Develops and creates design concepts for a variety of healthcare clients/projects, including inpatient facilities, specialty clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, behavioral health facilities and medical office buildings.
- Produces designs from presentation through construction drawings.
- Prepares and produces CAD/Revit drawings to create and document architectural designs.
- Provides creative design direction during the conceptual and schematic phases of projects.
- Collaborates with the firm Principal, Project Manager and other team members and consultants to advance the design concepts.
- Opportunities to see projects from concept to completion.
Managing Client Relationships:
- Interface with clients and lead client meetings to build long-term relationships.
- Works closely with the client on design issues and determines creative architectural solutions.
- Maintains ongoing communication regarding project schedule and budget with owners, clients, developers, and project partners.
- Preparation and review of contract documents with Project Managers/Principals.
Managing Client Projects:
- Assists with master planning, site planning, building design and interior architecture for the development of design documentation.
- Coordinates the efforts of outside disciplines such as Civil, Structural, Electrical and Mechanical and other consultants into a cohesive set of design documents.
- Reviews building codes to ensure that designs comply with legal standards.
- Ensures timely and effective management and delivery of designs and plans to ensure project goals and objectives have been satisfied.
- Assists in the construction phase activities by reviewing shop drawings and creating a master log of the project submittals, as well as answering Requests for Information (RFI) and issuing Supplemental Instructions (SI) and preparation of change directives.
- Mentors design associates and directs staff members on architectural design concepts to foster a learning and growing environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor of Architecture degree with at least five years of architecture and design experience with an emphasis in the healthcare industry. Master of Architecture preferred.
- Licensure in the State of MN preferred or in the process of obtaining an architectural licensure.
- At least three years of experience managing multiple project activities.
- Experience with site planning and medical planning.
- Construction administration experience required.
- Ability to design with, and proficient in 3D software programs such as Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Lumion and other graphic platforms.
Mohagen Hansen Architecture | Interiors was founded in 1989. Since that time, the firm has evolved into a full-service architecture and interior design firm, today maintaining a staff of 40 full-time professionals. Our services include a full spectrum of programming, planning, design and interior design services for healthcare, multi-family housing, corporate office, government, dental, financial, and industrial clients.
Our employees benefit from a collaborative environment that allows for rich development. We have a diverse and inclusive staff of passionate architects and interior designers. Together, we achieve incredible things. All Mohagen Hansen employees are compensated with a generous benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Collaborative environment
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Health and dental insurance
- 401K plan
- Education reimbursement
- and much more