Do you want to join and grow with an award-winning Architecture and Interior Design Firm with exceptional people? Are you looking for a flexible, collaborative, creative work environment that encourages learning and professional development? Flexibility with us means that our employees are generally working a hybrid remote and in office schedule. Collaborative with us means we encourage all our staff to ask questions and bring their expertise to the table no matter the role. Does this fit how you want to work? Make an immediate impact in the expanding Healthcare Architecture Team at Mohagen Hansen Architecture Interiors. We are a mission, vision and values-driven organization that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit with fresh, new ideas. This position offers a strong portfolio, a talented team and great marketing opportunities for the right candidate.
Mohagen Hansen exists to serve our clients by doing what we love. We leverage our passion for design using our skills, talents, and agility to meet our client’s needs.
In this role, you will be a vital component of our team, working with senior project managers and architects to expand your knowledge and experience within a variety of industries. You will be responsible for all levels of project development from proposal writing to medical planning to final construction phase services. You will be collaborating and working closely with colleagues, vendors, clients, and consultants.
This role will primarily consist of the following responsibilities:
- Planning involving the development and creation of design concepts for a variety of clients/projects
- Produces designs from presentation through construction drawings.
- Prepares and produces Revit/CAD drawings to create and document architectural designs.
- Provides creative design direction during the conceptual and schematic phases of projects.
- Collaborates with the Firm Principal, Project Managers, and other team members and consultants to advance the design concepts.
- Opportunities to be involved in the projects from concept to completion.
Managing Client Relationships:
- Interfaces with clients and lead client meetings to build long-term relationships.
- Works closely with the client and other team members on design issues and determines creative architectural solutions.
- Maintains ongoing communication regarding project schedule and budget with clients, developers, and project partners.
- Preparation and review of contract documents with Project Managers/Principals.
Managing Client Projects:
- Assists with master planning, site planning, building design and interior architecture for the development of design documentation.
- Develops project programming in the pre-design phase of assigned projects.
- Reviews building codes to ensure that designs comply with legal standards.
- Ensures timely and effective management and delivery of designs and plans to ensure project goals and objectives have been satisfied.
- Coordinates the efforts of outside disciplines such as Civil, Structural, Electrical and Mechanical and other consultants into a cohesive set of design documents.
- Assists in the construction phase activities by reviewing shop drawings and creating a master log of the project submittals, as well as answering Requests for Information (RFI) and issuing Supplemental Instructions (SI) and preparation of change directives.
- Mentors design associates and directs staff members on architectural design concepts to foster a learning and growing environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor of Architecture degree with at least five (5) years of architecture and design experience with an emphasis in the healthcare industry. Master of Architecture preferred.
- Licensure in the State of MN preferred or in the process of obtaining an architectural licensure.
- At least five (5) of experience managing multiple discipline project activities.
- Experience with site planning required.
- Construction administration experience required.
- Ability to design with, and proficient in 3D software programs such as Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Lumion and other graphic platforms.
Our employees benefit from a collaborative environment that allows for rich development. We have a diverse and inclusive staff of passionate architects and interior designers. Together, we achieve incredible things. All Mohagen Hansen employees are compensated with a generous benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Collaborative environment
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Health and dental insurance
- 401K plan
- Education reimbursement
- and much more