In this Senior Interior Design role, you will be involved in design development, space planning, product applications and client relationships, as well as working with multidisciplinary project teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works independently and with Project Managers or the Director of Interior Design to develop design concepts, color/finish selections and furniture selections for commercial interior architectural projects.
- Collaborates with the Director of Interiors, Project Manager and other team members to advance the design concepts.
- Functions as the team interior designer on projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Leads the creative design direction during the conceptual and schematic phases of projects.
- Sets budget for interior design projects and writes fee proposals.
- At times, is the primary contact for clients and builds effective client relationships.
- Involved with analyses of client problems and determines and develops interior design solutions.
- Initiates and creates space plans, three-dimension concepts and materials palettes.
- Prepares and conducts interior design presentations to clients.
- Participates in the development of construction documents and specifications to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Develops, modifies, and reviews interior drawings and corrects and updates documents as required.
- Mentors other interior designers and other staff members on interior design concepts to create a learning and growing environment.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program.
- At least ten years of commercial interior design experience including experience with furniture applications.
- Must have a NCIDQ and CID certification.
- Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and Sketch-up, with an emphasis on 3D presentation.
- Experience in Lumion, Bluebeam and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Above average design aptitude and organizational skills.
- Emphasis on strong customer focus to build effective customer relationships.
- Willingness to take on challenging projects.
Explore our website to learn more about our growing and dynamic firm.
In this Architect role, you will be leading the design efforts by producing and developing conceptual designs into presentation and construction drawings. You will also be interfacing with clients to determine and develop architectural solutions as well as working on multidisciplinary project teams.
Essential Job Functions:
Develops and creatively design concepts for clients/projects.
Interfaces with client on design issues and determines and develops architectural solutions.
Develops, modifies, and reviews production drawings and construction documents and corrects and updates documents as required.
Develops solutions for basic to moderate design problems.
Assists with master planning, site planning and building planning and design efforts and documentation development, utilizing 2-D and 3-D modeling and digital presentation packaging.
Provides creative design direction during the conceptual and schematic phases of projects.
Performs design computations, specifications, compile data for basic to complex architectural assignments.
Collaborates with Principals, Project Managers and other team members to advance the design concepts.
Assists in the construction administration phase by reviewing shop drawings and creating a master log of the project submittals, as well as answering Request for Information (RFI) and Supplemental Information (SI) and preparation of change directives.
Prepares finished material sample boards, physical models, and graphic presentations for client approval.
Reviews building codes to ensure that designs comply with minimum legal standards.
Bachelor of Architecture degree with at least five years of architecture and design experience. Master of Architecture preferred.
Licensed Architect required. LEED accreditation preferred.
At least two years of experience managing multi project activities within the architecture industry.
Experience with site planning and zoning analysis.
Construction administration experience a plus.
Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit documentation, production and coordination, with an emphasis on 3D presentation.
Ability to plan and design with 3D software program, i.e., Sketch-up, Lumion, etc.
Ability to plan and design creative and effective design solutions in a fast pace environment.
Check out our website to learn more about our dynamic, growing Firm!
Our employees benefit from a collaborative environment that allows for rich development. We have a diverse and inclusive staff of passionate architects and interior designers. Together, we achieve incredible things. All Mohagen Hansen employees are compensated with a generous benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Collaborative environment
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Health and dental insurance
- 401K plan
- Education reimbursement
- and much more